Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was anyone out there within a hundred miles or so of Schuylkill county PA with at least 12 1/2 inches of re saw capacity that could help me out. I have a 12 1/2 inch wide by 6 ft by 12/4 walnut board I would like to re saw to book match and make a desk top out of it. I'm more then willing to pay for your service. If you can help me out either PM me or reply to this post.

I do have a back up plan of ripping the board down and glueing it back up but that is the last resort if no one can help me out.

Thanks
Don

·
where's my table saw?
28,569 Posts
That extra 1/2" is the bugger

There are quite a few bandsaws that will resaw 12", but I don't know if that extra 1/2" is the bugaboo. I like your idea of ripping it in 1/2.
Another option is to find a bandsaw mill in the local ads and take the board to them. That should be no problem, but you will lose some material to the kerf.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would post this in the forestry section. Someone could use a band saw mill to do this for you. I've had it done before that way. I have a buddy that has a saw mill but I'm in western NY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts