Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I'm DerlC on WoodworkingTalk.com. I have already made several posts and I realized after someone told a newbie to go to this section and make his introduction, how important it is.:thumbsup:
Most of my life I have worked in machine shops. 17 years ago when I had to take medical retirement at the age of 48, I didn't know what I would do. Someone suggested I start doing woodworking. So I bought a scroll saw and started making small things. After finally getting my Social Security started and getting some back pay I bought a small table saw and an air compressor. Gradually I bought one thing after another and added to "Tools for the Shop". :laughing: Now I have a 20' X 20' shop with a larger table saw, dust collector, 2 routers, 4 X 36" sander, drill press, planer and did have a band saw which broke lately (in the market for one now). Oh, and several tools and woodworking equipment.
I'm now in the process of putting several things I have built into Albums on my "Pictures & Albums" page. Adding to it daily. I don't have pictures of every thing I've made but I'm enjoying doing what I do.
Now my wife helps me in the shop and we make cedar boxes in several different sizes and we also make 18th & 19 century wooden canteens. We have a contract with a company in North Texas to make these canteens and boxes and we make about 40 boxes and 20 canteens every month.
I have some college, 4 years in the Navy, 30 years in machine work, 1st class machinist, 1st class inspector and now I'm 65 and retired and still have all my fingers and thumbs. Some scars but not too bad. I have a stent in my heart and a defibrillator in my chest. Woodfunning everyday and loving it. Sure have enjoyed meeting you people on WoodworkingTalk.com . Looking forward to several years of talking to yall on this forum.
Thanks,
Derl

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome Derl and keep having fun. Good that your wife is working with you. My wife keeps thinking my workshop is the dog house so I'm always causing trouble and doing my time :yes:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts