Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind word guys. There was some confusion as to how the leopard on my other post was cut so I clarified on that thread. I then realized that the eagle was done in the same method so I will clear this one up just in case. I cut the eagle out of a piece of 1/8" hardboard and then spraypainted it white. I then backed it with a black piece of 1/8" hardboard. I made a frame to match the background and what you see is the final result. It was only an experiment and it turned out quite well. The first one I cut had the background white and the forground black. It didn't work. The shadows filled in the white eagle and you couldn't see the design. I fixed that and am pleased with it now.
Thanks again.
Ken

·
Curmudgeon in Training
824 Posts
Fantastic, Ken!! I feel pretty good about myself if I can cut a board in half and it turns out straight and square. I can't imagine creating something like that! The book ends are great, but the rose box is spectacular!! Great job!!

·
Member , noisy .
105 Posts
Kenbo ,
That is some cool stuff . The rose , did you work from a yard flarer photo ? Noice .
You got the gift , man .
The bookend's are genius .

Buddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts