Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hawaiilad
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These days most of the items I make are either cut on the band saw or the scroll saw. Here are a few band saw boxes I built in the past. Working on several others that are not finished. I use allot of Koa, Mango and Monkey Pod that is grown on our Island. Looks like I need to resize the pictures a bit smaller...sorry

Attachments

·
Hawaiilad
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind words. As it so happens, all three of those boxes are made from Koa. You can tell there are all grades in a tree of Koa.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Hey, it's not fair; your band saw boxes are cooler than any of mine :thumbsup: I guess I'd better keep practicing. The 5 I've done were all cut with a 1/4" blade. But I've got a 3/16" on order right now so that I can make tighter turns.

Seriously though, they are very cool. Definitely nicer than mine. Awesome work. Thanks for sharing. And welcome to the forum.

·
Hawaiilad
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again I thank everyone for the kind comments. I have used a 3/16 - 10 TPI all along, but I just received an order of blades today and bought a few 1/8th " to give them a try for even tighter corners. If I had to guess, I'd say I have made close to 100 bandsaw boxes in the past couple of years. I see those, trivets and other sea life boxes to the Galleries and they sell most of the items to folks here on vacation.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts