Woodworking Talk banner

A few Christmas presents done -

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Alchymist 
#1 ·
Serving trays and a "Nativity mirror". The tray in the first picture is personalized with an Old English monogram. The mirror is a thin plywood scroll saw nativity scene on a mirror backing. The frame is pine and walnut with a lacquer finish. The small piece under the scroll work is olive wood from the holy land. Tough taking a picture of a mirror. :wallbash:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The scroll work is attached with a very thin yet very adhesive double sided tape. It comes on a roll about 6" wide, and I just cut small pieces to adhere to the back of the various parts of the scroll work, then peal the backing and press in place. I use it to attach metal to metal, metal to painted surfaces, metal & wood to glass, etc. Works great for attaching decals printed on an inkjet and sealed with packing tape also.

#5 ·
The scroll work is attached with a very thin yet very adhesive double sided tape. It comes on a roll about 6" wide, ...
What brand? I've looked for some like that and haven't found any to my liking. Either it's too cushiony and thick or it's thin but not near adhesive enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.