Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hobbyist wood-butcher
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Last year, I was fortunate enough to log a lot of overtime hours with my new job (more than the previous 3 years combined). Working all that overtime sure took a chunk out of my social life, hence me not being able to be an active part of this forum.

Ever since I did the Baileigh build, I have really decided that I wanted a full size bandsaw. If I had won that competition, I would have gotten their 14" bandsaw, because I think it would have met all my needs sufficiently. It had a 12" resaw capacity, and a 1.5 hp motor. The price tag was a little steep, at around $1400, but Aaron said I would be able to take 10% off it also.

Back in December, I received an ad/email from grizzly, and in it, a bunch of their bandsaws were discounted $99, or basically the cost of the freight. I then started browsing their selection, and settled on the G0153, because of its 12" resaw capacity, and 2 HP motor. Then it was a matter of what color... the 513ANV which was black, The polar bear series 513P(white), or the basic 513 which is the light grey/green. I thought the polar bear was the best (my wife also loved that one). The best thing is that the bandsaw was $864.... much less than the Baileigh.... Sorry Aaron. Also, judging by some of the threads I saw on here from people dealing with Baileigh, I think I will gamble with Grizzly, and I KNOW that I will be able to get parts for it when/if I need them.

So here it is:

091.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

100.jpg

The other thing this saw did for me was to force me to finally liven up my subpanel for the garage. I had NO 240V outlets out there, and this saw was prewired for 240V I am SO GLAD I did, because I then rewired my jointer, and it now runs like a dream.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
nice! my christmas present to myself was a trim router from harbor freight. now i feel gypped!

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts