Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE HAD MORE THAN MY SHARE OF PROJECTS this was really a challenge i had to put all my years of experience to use for this one.
two things that saved me my log split-er and shopsmith oh the guys at wanta wheels shipshewana for making the wheels i could have never done that. i have a lot of pictures if you are interested [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Very nice.Next time do the wheels yourself.If they don't turn out perfect it will still be a great learning experience and you will enjoy it even with a bit of aggrevation.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Fabulous restoration! Betting you will never find one of those in a "big box" store or HF. What are you going to do with it other than keep the neighbors away? Thanks for sharing, and be safe.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That looks like it was a fun project, Looks darn good to me. :thumbsup:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
That's fantastic!! Thanks for saving part of our history!!!

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
RF58
You should give us the history on the canon. I'm guessing before WW1?
Restored, what is the value?
Is it functional or has the fuse hole in the barrel been closed?

Reactions: mikeswoods

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry guys it was a machinist that made the barrel and some one helped make the carriage they just used 2x lumber not treated or anything ----- we rebuilt a carriage to original specks as close as we could we had the original plans to go by.the trick to building it is look at all the holes in the wood------ some cross with in only a 1/2 "

1 - 15 of 15 Posts