Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week has been pretty great for both tools and materials for me, but today was a really big day. I finally took the plunge and moved up from smaller, bench top tools to what are, for me, BIG tools. I picked up an 8" Delta(Milwaukee), a 12" Belsaw-Foley(Sears badged), and as an added bonus, a 24" craftsman(king-Seely made, I think?) scroll saw. I've been using a combination of two 4" jointers when possible(walker-turner driver line, Delta Homecraft), and while they're both nice machines, they weren't really cutting the mustard for the type of work I'm moving toward. I know that lots of folks on here have big shops with big tools, and I'd be lying if I said I haven't been envious, but now I do feel a bit more "serious". I still have my hand plane collection, of course(nothing really compares), and while I do have mortising attachments for two of my 3 delta DP's, I still prefer chopping them by hand(if time allows), so I know that I'm not really any more "serious" than I was before, but there is no feeling like that first big machine you bring into your shop. Sorry for the ramble guys. Just had to get that out there. I'm going to go flatten so stock now.

WCT

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
Come on now, we need pictures!

Sounds really great. I have the 12" Foley Belsaw/Sears planer and it's a great machine. I think Paul Gillespie has the 8" Delta like yours. Those old scroll saws are cool also. Post some photos of the new/old tools. :yes:

Reactions: Camden
1 - 6 of 6 Posts