Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Nice projects you got going there C-Dog :thumbsup:. I does go to prove you don't need alot of space, or alot of tools. Looks like you have good natural light during the day. (if the roommate ever comes back you are going to really miss your little shop)

I gets me thinking about a can of worms I have wanted to open for years on one of these forums, but I won't divert your thread doing so. I will start another. "93.5 ft2"

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always thought that way. I'm building tools for artists. Thanks for reminding me of that!!!:yes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
You're doing great work there!!! I built a few guitars myself in the past, so I appreciate the design, features and materials that you're using. Your wood selection is great.

Keep up the good work!!

BTW - my first shop was an 8 x 8 "room" that I sectioned off with plastic sheeting in my basement. I thinkback to those days fondly and appreciate where I am today (and dream about where I may be in the future).

Thanks,
John Nixon - Buffalo, NY - www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words!!!:thumbsup: I'm just waiting for parts now.:thumbdown:

I remeber my first "shop" was a balcony of a one bedroon suite in North Van. The landlord used to get pissed off at all the shavings floating around the courtyard.:laughing:

I swept em up when I was done....but the kids use to like playin' with em'!!!

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
hi Corndog, love the look of the mountains in your out of the window shot. Is that snow I can see? Here in Ely all area is flat fen land. was in Scotland couple of weeks ago and saw a bit of snow in the Cairngorms.
does your heart good. Visited a distillery in the highlands and enjoyed a wee dram.
johnep

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When my roomie gets back with the camera I'll show ya. It's just a big mortise and tenon joint.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I design them myself. A great book to start with is Melvyn Hiscocks book "Make you own electric guitar". Or the MIMF forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice. I like the purple heart neck. When I was in Iraq the Turks were using purple heart for concrete forms!! I almost starting crying...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts