Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bet that got your attention. lol

My wife told me the other day(4 or 5 months ago) that she wanted me to build a water toy table for our daughter. I finally got around to it and I'm pretty impressed with myself. I'm brand new to anything woodworking, so when I was done with this table and I saw how much my daughter liked it, I was pretty proud of myself.

The wife thought the sides weren't high enough so I just put some plywood strips in and it actually made the container fit a lot better.

Got it all painted up and clear coated.

She loves it!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed. I already have an order for another one so I will get to improve on the design a little this time.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The only judge you need is you and your family so its' a well executed project that serves the need. If I may add one very simple design improvement (and maybe you already did it but the pictures don't show it), drill a series of holes in the bottom because it is a water play area. I see the tub is well fitted into the table, but water flows like water and may get under the tub. Nice perfect choice on the color by the way!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. The wife picked out the color. I used a water sealer before I painted and I used a spray clear coat after I painted, but after the first time she used the table I knew I was going to have to drill some holes. I'll probably use a counter sink bit to make some cone shaped holes so I can still seal and paint the exposed wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts