Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
making 5 stand up jewelry boxes. Close to done- I am waiting for handles- need a little assembly on 3 and liners for drawers. Here is a cherry burl and curly soft maple one and a box that will have woods disclosed later. Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike, you never disappoint. Those are some stellar boxes, and they are only made better by the great figured woods you picked out. I look forward to seeing the rest of them.

Looks like you have a lot of jewelry buying to do... :laughing:
Thanks Ben and all. I do not wear jewelry- but I do like making boxes. As soon as I install doors I will post the rest. Thanks again, M

·
Registered
656 Posts
Fantastic jewelry chest! Great design and wood combo. The woods used are gorgeous, has a lot of wild and pretty grain patterns and the finish is beautiful. Excellent work!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More boxes- still waiting for handles. Walnut with walnut drawers and insets. Hard maple with spalted hard maple drawers and big leaf maple insets. Persimmon with olive drawers. Enjoy

Attachments

Reactions: Dominick

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet boxes! You used some beautiful wood too. What are your plans for these? Gifts or for sale?
Thanks-They will be sold- everyone I know has plenty of jewelry boxes- I like makin them. Plans are in my head.

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Outstanding work Mike! absolutely beautiful!!

Reactions: mike1950

·
where's my table saw?
27,875 Posts
Great, Fabulous, Awesome, Fantastic....

Need I say more? You have a good eye for detail, wood selection and craftsmanship Mike.:thumbsup: When you said they were going to be sold, do you have a gallery, crafts show, or online market in mind? What about pricing on something that beautiful, how do you arrive at the price?
Also just a question on the drawers, how do they slide? I'm gonna guess it's just wood on wood, no fancy glides... :no: Can you post some interior shots also? Nice! :yes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts