Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,nice to be here,I`m new to wood working,could anyone tell me the best way to cut 4x8 sheets without splinters,i have a table saw, But is to small to handle.Need Help:eek: Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've found that using a saw guide with my circular saw is the best way for me to rip down 4X8 sheets. I don't have room to do it in my basement where I do my wood working so I cut them down outside with the saw guide them bring the smaller pieces inside. It seems that having the saw guide clamped to the wood helps to reduce splintering on the edge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:smile:
I've found that using a saw guide with my circular saw is the best way for me to rip down 4X8 sheets. I don't have room to do it in my basement where I do my wood working so I cut them down outside with the saw guide them bring the smaller pieces inside. It seems that having the saw guide clamped to the wood helps to reduce splintering on the edge.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are using a circular saw, you can use a 40 tooth blade 7" - 7 1/4", carbide tipped. They cut pretty clean. Cut with the good side of the plywood down, using a clamped straightedge. If splintering is a problem, tape off the line of cut.
thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
I rough cut my cabinet sides to within 1/8" with my portable then
finish cut on the tablesaw with a good blade and a panel sled
using 1/4" ply scrap sandwiched in between to back up the cut.
Makes a really good cut.,

·
Registered
23 Posts
For cross-grain cutting with a skilsaw, I score the cut line with a razor knife and a straightedge.
Remember, though, that the splinters occur on the TOP of the board when using a skilsaw, and on the Bottom of the board when using a tablesaw. It has to do with the rotation of the blade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts