Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Rick,

I used the PPS system while finishing my last project. I did run into one problem and it may have been operator error but I still don't know for sure. Using the medium sized cups on a gravity gun, when I got about halfway through the cup my gun started putting out less finish. The only thing I can think of is there might be some added resistance from the cup crushing. When I refilled the gun again it started it started operating normally. The same thing happened several times.

I saw a post on a forum where someone recommended getting rid of the filter in the cup, maybe that would help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Bill

·
Rick Mosher
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bill, what is happening is the liner is smashing down and restricting flow when it gets really low. What you do is unhook the air, turn the gun upside down and press the trigger to allow a little air into the cup. Now you can spray all the remaining fluid out of the cup. The strainer shouldn't be clogging unless you are putting dirty finish in the cup.

Here is a video showing some tips and tricks when using the 3m PPS system.

I believe they show how to add a little air in the video above. (4:06 in the video)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts