Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I work for 3M, and we have "pallet" sales every so often. Apparently, there are some of these on the next pallet we are getting:

3M 7800S-L Full-Face Respirator - Large

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...gclid=COC01fep_7cCFe5xOgodWGwA-Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

They normally run in the $300-$350 range. They are selling them off the pallet for $75. I do not know how many will be on the pallet. I would be willing to sell them at cost + shipping.

If I can get a firm commitment from people who would buy them, I will pick up as many as can for people.

PM me if you are interested, thanks. The sale is this friday.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Wish I had the money I use 3-m with filters but not the full face mask tho never had seen one around here it can get hot around here I have the 6200 but the head straps keep breaking on them after a year :furious:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
For what its worth, those are really good masks. They have kind of been replaced by the newer 3M 6000 series, which offers a better field of view. I personally have a 3M78000 Medium which I wore for years when I was an asbestos inspector in Colorado. I spend a lot if time in containment areas watching operations and doing air monitoring.

They are a good comfortable mask. And since these are the silicon model, they will last a long time if taken care of properly.

Mark

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Chris Curl said:
Pete, please get your posts up to 25 asap so we can PM about this. I need to give you my paypal handle so you can send me the money.
You can post it. We won't look...LOL

Mark

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
please put me down for one shipping zip will be 56601

Jack
heh, I just noticed your name is Jack, not Pete. :no:

In any case, please get your posts up to 25 asap so we can PM about this. I need to give you my paypal handle so you can send me the money.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone had already bought the large one, but they also had a medium one, so I grabbed it. If Jack wants it (and pays for it!), it's his. Otherwise, it will be available.

More later when I hear back from Jack.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris, I have an MSA version of that mask that uses the single canisters - I know 3M makes an organic vapor filter for the MSA. If you ever see those go on sale, let a broth'a know, please!

Thx
Jean, if you can post a part number or a pic of it or something that I can use to make a positive identification of the thing, I'll be happy to keep an eye out for them for you. They DO stock filters, so they may very vell have what you are looking for.

What does MSA stand for?

On a related topic, they also carry the 1/2 face respirators (just mouth and nose) with the replaceable filters. They cost a good bit less than the full face ones.

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Jean, if you can post a part number or a pic of it or something that I can use to make a positive identification of the thing, I'll be happy to keep an eye out for them for you. They DO stock filters, so they may very vell have what you are looking for.

What does MSA stand for?

On a related topic, they also carry the 1/2 face respirators (just mouth and nose) with the replaceable filters. They cost a good bit less than the full face ones.
Thanks, Chris, I'll get the info to ya.

I have a 3M half face too that works fine!

MSA stands for Mining Safety Equipment... They also make the SBCA's we use at the FD.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fellas I have to ask why the need for the full face mask? Is it the added benefit of the eye protection? If you have something going on in your shop that exceeds the protection factor of a half face I don't wanna be your neighbor. Full face masks suck to wear for extended periods of time. I'm sure burb can attest to that.

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Fellas I have to ask why the need for the full face mask? Is it the added benefit of the eye protection? If you have something going on in your shop that exceeds the protection factor of a half face I don't wanna be your neighbor. Full face masks suck to wear for extended periods of time. I'm sure burb can attest to that.
I wear them regularly and in far hotter environments than my shop - FF/Medic - so I don't believe it will bother me. Truth be told I was given the full face respirator I have and just haven't grabbed any canisters for it to give it a try.

When I first began spraying lacquers it bothered my eyes considerably. It doesn't anymore... but I figure it's still having some effect even if I'm no longer sensitive to it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.