Woodworking Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Absolutely. Best shop storage ever uses both the inside and outside of the cabinet. Nice that it is tall making it easy to see everything mounted on it.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
ryan50hrl said:
Lol. Yep, we're now on like 6 hour shop storage.
Also laughing!

Here's how it goes...

...30 minutes I'm done...

...Hey!, if I did this I could store that..

...but wait, if I put wheels on it...

...Hmmm doors would keep most of the dust out...

Etc, etc, etc...

Making the most out of a project and maximizing shop time.

That's what it's all about.

Sounds like me working on the marking knife for the swap.

Great job Ryan

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
jharris2 said:
Also laughing!

Here's how it goes...

Etc, etc, etc...

Great job Ryan
Lol. Yep. Well soon I'm going to start a router table.....that ought to only take an hour or two....

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Laughing!

Are you building the ShopNotes router lift?

That ought to add an hour.

News flash!!!!

Ryan to build router table, pictures at eleven.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Also laughing!

Here's how it goes...

Etc, etc, etc...

Great job Ryan
That about summarizes every project I've ever done. Could be quick and simple. But nooooooooo...

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Chaincarver Steve said:
That about summarizes every project I've ever done. Could be quick and simple. But nooooooooo...
Thats why my wife doubles the time I say a project will take. And triple if its my brother & I doing it together as we spend a lot of time just discussing things & solving the worlds problems.

Mark

·
Banned
615 Posts
Yep, i'm building a cabinet for underneath my bench right now. Was supposed to be a fast project from scraps. But then I found mdf on sale at my local osh that's closing. That lead to a nicer, more square box. making my bottoms act as my runners that ride in grooves in the sides. I was going to build a simple box for on top of the 1/4" bottoms, but I have enough plywood to make decent fronts. So i'm now taking my time building this thing. Figured if I groove the front and back pieces of my drawer it will help prevent sagging. Means more math, more time. Hopefully it will last though. I ran out of 1/4" mdf for my bottoms though. The only place that sold it in town was my osh, that's closing, that's sold out now. I have 3 bottoms out of 8, and no idea where to buy this stuff now..here's where i'm at so far to help visualize.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is a good idea. I just stick a 2x4 between studs on a bit of my garage that wasn't finished for clamps. Ghetto perhaps, but really the very best thing I could do now so the clamps aren't all over the place. I like this idea of a place for cut wood. Where I have some now isn't as practical.

Dwillems26, I like that as well. Nice coozy :D. I dig the beer, baby monitor and project all together in one happy place.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's all done...except the back which i need to find material for. It cost more than I planned....it took much longer than planned....and it holds a bit less than originally planned....but I couldn't be happier with its function.

And while this entire wall was full from a very unusable shelf, I can now fit my band saw in the shop.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts