Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
John
3,028 Posts
Been searching and found many 2 1/4" ones but no 3" bits. Anyone know of any manufacturer who makes a 3" crown 1/2" router bit?

Thanks much,

Terry
Hi Terry - Depends on what profile you are looking for. You can get up to 5" wide crown with a reversible bit set like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pc-1-2-Sh...outers_Bits&hash=item20db374b11#ht_3171wt_981

You usually see 3" cut length bits for making window and door casing. I suppose you could use any profile you want for crown as long as you put the spring angles on. :smile:

·
Terry Sumner
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys...I appreciate them! I think I'm going to save up and get myself a real shaper! My buddy has a Grizzly 3hp unit and that thing does a great job. Can't afford the Powwermatic or Delta so Grizzly will have to do for my shop...

·
Registered
21 Posts
been away from the forum for a while, I guess it is ok to post here. I have a stamped steel router table. I need to put an edge on some plaques. In the process, I have to move the plaque, face down, on the surface of the router table,to do the edge. Of course, the cheap table has ridges sticking up where stamping occured in various places. I have a kraft paper hard board top on it, but I still get scuff marks on the face of the plaque. Logic would say to do the edge first, then finish the face, but there will still be marks on it. I need something real smooth for the top of the table. Bad idea, or am I missing something? Duh?

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Been searching and found many 2 1/4" ones but no 3" bits. Anyone know of any manufacturer who makes a 3" crown 1/2" router bit?

Thanks much,

Terry
Can you not make what you need with multiple passes and a variety of bits?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts