Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$10 each- one is a bailey with stanley blade other is a dunlap. Bailey needs a rear handle if I can't glue this one. I have 3',5' and 7' now 4's need cleaning up before they go back in service. I assume Dunlap is a take off on stanley??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Dunlap planes were a brand carried by Sears. I think at the time they were a brand that was "second" to the Craftsman line.

Sears/Craftsman didn't manufacture the planes, they contracted them out.

From what I can see of the lateral adjuster on the Dunlap it might have been manufactured by Sargent.

Here is a quick guide from Brass City Records which may help you determine the manufacturer of "off brand" planes

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Dunlap planes were a brand carried by Sears. I think at the time they were a brand that was "second" to the Craftsman line.

Sears/Craftsman didn't manufacture the planes, they contracted them out.

From what I can see of the lateral adjuster on the Dunlap it might have been manufactured by Sargent.

Here is a quick guide from Brass City Records which may help you determine the manufacturer of "off brand" planes
That is correct, sir.

·
Registered
54 Posts
$10 each- one is a bailey with stanley blade other is a dunlap. Bailey needs a rear handle if I can't glue this one. I have 3',5' and 7' now 4's need cleaning up before they go back in service. I assume Dunlap is a take off on stanley??
I might take the Stanley off of your hands if you can ship it for cheap! Shoot me an email. Thanks!

Pat
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Getting hooked on Planes and don’t know what to buy

Oops I don't know how I ended up here.:eek::blush:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts