Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I screwed up this project, just a little, but still ugh .
Here is the 1st project I was doing in my new finished shop. I am building a table, moveable, tiltable and with a sacrificial top, so I can cut plywood sheets on it. I guess about like a panel saw that I can also use for an out or in feed table for my table saw.
Property Table Wood Floor Flooring
Wood Rectangle Fixture Composite material Wood stain

yep. See where I screwed up? Eh didn't work out as planned, but I can salvage it. With how much lumber costs now, I'll make it work.
Product World Font Rectangle Handwriting

I'm not much of a sketch artist, as you can tell. It will have casters, top pivot 90 degrees and gate legs on one side. I'm expecting to store it close to the wall when not in use. Think it'll work?

Shops nice and quiet for napping to.
Window Building Wood Flooring Leisure

Great place to hang a hammock.
Roy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
the first and only set of tapered legs I made with a Craftsman Router and a B&D Workmate and lot of luck. Worked out fine. I was stupidly duplicating a commercial card table (a nice one) instead of buying such a card table. I evenhad to make the latch mechanism for each leg.

Oddly, our oldest siter in law has this table that I made, and we have the original.

·
Registered
Termite
7,987 Posts
the first and only set of tapered legs I made with a Craftsman Router and a B&D Workmate and lot of luck. Worked out fine. I was stupidly duplicating a commercial card table (a nice one) instead of buying such a card table. I evenhad to make the latch mechanism for each leg.

Oddly, our oldest siter in law has this table that I made, and we have the original.
The problem is you do so many in a production setting and have to multi task and things get twisted. It got easier when they started cutting corners and using Dominos....

·
Thumb Nailer
2,869 Posts
Well, a little wasted lumber and time, No blood so a win.

Reminds me of the guy on another forum that was installing a garage door,a nd forgot to remove the ladder he was using before he bolted the track to the ceiling... We all make mistakes and move on.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I know you've got an idea, but I'm going to throw out somethign to think about.

Make it an assembly table & use a piece of foam for cutting ply. Better yet, make it an MFT table with a hinged crosscut track. A track saw is a lot less expensive than a table saw. With some good routers and a good tracksaw you can just eliminate a table saw from your shop [gasp] (y)

I see a lot of issues with a vertical panel cutting set up. You need a mechanism, a dedicated saw, and it takes up wall space, and the calibration/accuracy issue. Definitely wouldn't go there.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That’s an easy fix! Just trim off the upside-down ends of the “cross members,” along with the end frame cross-members, and recut them with the right orientation. The grid will just be narrower by the width of the 2 side rails, no new wood required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts