Woodworking Talk banner

1st..hopefully last.. router table

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Al B Thayer 
#1 ·
Fairly plain design compared to some I've seen on here but sharing the final outcome. Much was influenced on the want to minimize cost. Went with a scrap of corian for a top backed with 3/4" ply. Cabinet frame and face made from dimensioned construction pine and went with maple for trim & drawer faces. Making a fence next. Thanks for the ideas on here that influenced some of my design! Happy w/it so far but time will tell how the corian works out as a top..

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Thank you for the kind comments gentlemen. I am trying to sort out how I can add dust collection, possibly incorporated with the fence system I'm going to make. The outlet is wired half switched and half hot, so, I'd use the cabinet outlet with a dedicated small vacuum. I'm not space constrained right now, so haven't planned to use casters. Only decision I really question so far (and only time will tell) is the mounting scheme. I mounted the router base directly to the corian and opted not to use a plate. There will be a small plate to cover the hole that is ~2 3/4" square to support bit changeout from the top. Question will be if the corian mount holes will hold up over time without edge cracking etc.. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.