Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wants to sell her 1961 Porter Cable Model 155 Router and doesn't know what to ask for it and I don't know what to offer for it. It is in perfect, like new, condition and sounds great when run.
I want to make her a fair offer but don't want either one of us to get burned. Neither one of us knows anything about pricing old power tools.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. By the way I've searched the Internet and haven't turned up anything like it.

·
RAM Man
742 Posts
By todays standards I'm betting that router would now be considered way underpowred. I know nothing abut that model but IMO it would be worth Flea Market pricing, $5-$10. As with anything, that's just my opinion and, if you so desire, worth exactly what you paid for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pictures

Yep that's it although all she has is the router.

I've tried to attache some pictures of it but I'm new to the forum and apparently doing something wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porter Cable Model 155 Pictures

Let's try this ;-)

router_155_1.jpg

router_155_2.jpg

router_155_3.jpg

router_155_4.jpg

It looks like the knob at the back of the base allows the base to rotate.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Got to be worth $20 to someone who has less than 5 routers. Always nice to have another round over bit and router waiting to go. You don't need much power for a small bits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts