Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I made the model A Ford, I wanted to try another and picked out the 1949 MG as the one to try. I got some pictures from the web and scaled them to the size I wanted. You can see the results. I am happy with the way it came out. Each spoke is hand glued ss wire. Yes it took me a long time and this one is not a toy. It is made of Brazilian Cherry, Maple , and Mahogany. The wind shield frame is made out of a windshield wiper blade spline and so is the trim.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like this one too! Have you ever thought of building an old fashioned garage to park them in? I'm looking forward to your next post:smile:

-Don

·
Registered
714 Posts
After I made the model A Ford, I wanted to try another and picked out the 1949 MG as the one to try. I got some pictures from the web and scaled them to the size I wanted. You can see the results. I am happy with the way it came out. Each spoke is hand glued ss wire. Yes it took me a long time and this one is not a toy. It is made of Brazilian Cherry, Maple , and Mahogany. The wind shield frame is made out of a windshield wiper blade spline and so is the trim.

Ron,

That is one REALLY C O O L model!!

You do great work!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts