Plywood Drawers Warping
I'm looking at making some drawers out of 12mm thick plywood.
- these plywood boards will be veneered
- BB Grade Baltic Birch
- (see attached example diagram pulled from internet)
My concern is warping/ deforming of the drawer (+ furniture).
I've had a chat with the guy veneering it. He says 18mm doesn't really warp even a few years down the line.
- However apparently 12mm tends to warp noticeably.
1. Now I'd like to use 12mm for the drawer carcass (interior). I'm just wondering - will it warp once joined up?
- biscuit joins for sides
2. Would 12mm plywood be ok for shelves?
- i.e. no warping?
- floating on 4 shelf supports
- span of approx 560mm
Any tips/ comments appreciated
Last edited by cabinetbuilding; 03-07-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Reason: added note on plywood shelves