Money display - need some help with ideas - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

View calcnerd's Photo Album My Photos
Question Money display - need some help with ideas

Hi all. As a Christmas gift I was going to build a display for a bunch of foreign currency that has been picked up over the last few years. Here's my idea.

I so far have built a 1x2 box out of oak that's 24 x 16.5. I was going to attach a simple backboard to it and fill the box with a piece of foam insulation wrapped with a nice fabric that will be able to show off the currency. For the outside, I picked up a piece of oak trim that I was going to hinge and put a piece of plexi inside. The more I think about it I'm not sure if it's going to work out. I'm not 100% sure how to get the money to stay. I was thinking about recessing it somehow in the foam or putting another piece of backboard or something on front that I have to manually cut out for each piece of currency (paper and coin). This is difficult b/c they're all different sizes.

Does anyone have a better idea for how to display money? I want the front hinged so more can be added in the future from other places.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM

View Globba's Photo Album My Photos
how about something like this. just glue it to your backing.

http://www.the2buds.com/sumycurr.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Globba For This Useful Post:
calcnerd (12-10-2012)
post #3 of 3 Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

View calcnerd's Photo Album My Photos
Hmm...that's not a bad idea. I'll have to see if they have something comparable for coins. I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for that!

Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode