Heating advice for a basement woodshop - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

View Rembrandt60's Photo Album My Photos
Heating advice for a basement woodshop

Hello all, I'm putting together a woodshop in my basement. I live in Rhode Island. The basement is 1000 SF.,unfinished cement walls,8' ceiling,cement floor. I have a gas heat through the wall furnace, and now wish to add a gas heater with through the wall also. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced system that won't break the bank, quiet and efficient. The Winter temp of the basement is about 52 degrees. All suggestions are very welcome.
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 PM

View nywoodwizard's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembrandt60 View Post
Hello all, I'm putting together a woodshop in my basement. I live in Rhode Island. The basement is 1000 SF.,unfinished cement walls,8' ceiling,cement floor. I have a gas heat through the wall furnace, and now wish to add a gas heater with through the wall also. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced system that won't break the bank, quiet and efficient. The Winter temp of the basement is about 52 degrees. All suggestions are very welcome.
Paul
i'm not sure you are in the right forum for heating advise ,but here's my thoughts ,toyostove is i think one of the best remmedies,and the simplest,but they do run off kerosene,i have an uncle who also uses them ,he has no furnace in his house upstate new york, two of them,one in the basement and one on the main floor.much cheaper to run than an oil or gas furnace.fully programable,vented,no open flames,some models have a small removable tank and some are set up for a external tank,they are'nt cheap but they pay for themselves in a few years.I'm planing on getting one for myself.
http://www.toyotomiusa.com/products/...tedHeaters.php

"You must become one with the wood grass hopper"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode