Woodworking Talk banner

Desk plans for a Lawyer

17K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Drs3077 
#1 ·
Hello, my brother and I are gonna build a desk for him b/c he needs one for his profession. He likes traditional/antique styles of furniture opposed to contemporary/modern. We're gonna build it from Cherry. I've searched all over the internet from some good plans, free or purchased, and can't really find one that he likes. We've found some pictures online of some nice desk that maybe we could model ours from, but none with plans. I've attatched two pics of what we're looking for. If anyone knows a site with some nice plans, please let me know or maybe someone on here has built a similar project and can share their plans with me. Thanks for any replies.
-Casey

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I too am a lawyer that makes saw dust as a hobby. That desk in the first picture is simply amazing. Any luck building a desk for with your brother? I like the feel of the hard leather in the middle of the desk. Nothing like writing with a nice pen turned on my lathe on a hard leather surface. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

When I move out of my current home office into my own place, I'm going to build my own desk and office furniture. My other dream would be to build a small CNC router to create ornate panels on the desk.

#10 ·
Drs3077,

I assume that's a plywood top, right? It looks like spindles or half-spindles on the front of the desk. Did you turn those yourself?

That's a great looking desk you built there. I like the slide for the computer or printer. Nice feature to have the printer right there by you but out of sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.