Woodworking Talk banner

Contest for best design summited

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bigcouger 
#1 · (Edited)
This Contest will end on March 31, 2012
Cash Prize is a $100.00 Dollors

I am a 100% disable Veteran and I know for a lot of disable people Im looking for a work station to be designed for me and others, you get to keep the copyright and Ill do my best to help you get published. This propley not the only site I will post this Contest..

What I need designed is a workstation that is on small wheels so it can be moved and locked in place it needs to be wheelchair accessible. below is the Max. size of a foot print it needs to be this is the max size. 48 Inches across and 30 inchs Deep, max height is 6 foot.

This is going to be a carving , inlay an woodburning work station for my shop. Minimum word area is to be 32 inches across and 20 inches deep.

I have the following requirements ( it must hold up to to foremans with whips (44 inches) whips must reach and be able to be used in the work area).

Needs to have plenty of storage areas for burs ( max hight for burs is 3 inches) an small hand tools like rasps an files.

Also need storage space for a Master craft 2 burner a with tips for wood burning

Exhaust vent in which you will see in the pictures im listing you can see the exaust fans, the filter needs to exciviable to change or replace. Needs adquate light for which I can purchase from Home depot or Lowes.

Be able to put feet under it,if I am using a stool.

Manatory area!!!! below
Needs 2 hidden compartments for special toys of mine and they need to be in arms reach size is a 9 mm which the size is 10 inches x 8 inches with spare mag. weapons can stand up or lay down. If they stand up need to have a way where they lock in place.

Swing out drawers are a good thing in this project more drawers the better .

In this design I dont want to see MDF I want to use craftmans joints ( dovetails and datos are good )

Once it is designed I will build it in April this year I be using the following materials;

Batlic Burch Plywood 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch
Birdeye Maple
Water fall Babgina
Ebony and Rosewoods

Everyone else probly would want MDF so keep it mine for design for others

The judges are Carvers I personal know and they are Disabled to.

Below are Pictures of the area it going to go the scrowsaw is leaving and the AC is to

In the Pictures you will see also some of the other tools to go in this workstation

This is to be a custom design I dont want some one find one on the internet an summit it I will know

Sorry canny spell sumit your design tho here or PM if you have questions dont hesitat to ask

Thanks Roy

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
"What I need designed is a workstation that is on small wheels so it can be moved and locked in place it needs to be wheelchair accessible. below is the Max. size of a foot print it needs to be this is the max size. 48 Inches across and 30 inchs Deep, max height is 6 foot."

You need to provide more information on the wheelchair accessibility. Is this a full scale wheel chair that will have leg supports? and arms? Or is it more like a sports wheel chair? Does the design need to allow for the wheel chair to slide under the work bench or will the worker reach to the workbench. There is a lot of information needed when trying to design something to be wheel chair accessible.

The final dimensions of the bench will be significantly determined by the ability of the worker to reach all areas.

Do you really mean that the workbench height can be 6' tall?

I am familiar with some of the capabilities and limitations of wheel chair people because my 42 year old son has been wheelchair bound his entire life. He has Cerebral Palsy and cannot walk nor has he full use of his left arm.

Even with this familiarity I would not want to undertake designing a work station for wheel chair use.

George

#3 ·
Wheel Chair is a Sports model small
height of bench needs to be 34-36 inches the max height is like for a ceiling with a light top cover
Wheel chair will slide under

I have MS an in an out of my wheel chair I can reach good and this is realy for me but there is others out there I know who can benifit with a design like this

No pocket hole screws

If you need more information let me know
thank you for your time
Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.