As a matter of fact, he does consider food safety on page 76 and 186. Therein, he describes how it is a myth. That once cured, all finishes are food safe. That is why MSDS sheets, a document required by the government to list all hazardous or toxic effects of a product, gives no such warnings for such issues. Moreover, the FDA lists all common drying compounds as safe for food contact as long as the finish has cured.
Additionally, the amount of methanol in a finish is minuscule and the fact that it evaporates away and is no longer present, means you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. He also discusses how some people like the mountain, because it makes for selling their own products at the expense of spreading misinformation and misleading the public by discouraging buying other's great products since they aren't made from their special homebrew sauce like olive oil.
The finish is not only dry, but it is durable, which means that you aren't eating the finish in any appreciable amount. Even if you ate the whole bowl after curing, you still wouldn’t get acute methanol poisoning and methanol doesn't bioaccumulate.
Are you aware that formaldehyde is a naturally occurring substance produced in plants, bacteria, fungi, and animals? For example, an average bottle of red wine has 250 mg of methanol (Hodson et al., 2017). You seemed awfully worried about it breaking down into formaldehyde, but did you know that formaldehyde is produced naturally in the human body to the tune of about 50 ml/day (American Chemistry Council, 2017) and it doesn’t accumulate and is naturally cleared from the body?! In other words, the methanol and formaldehyde that you are so concerned about in your kitchen is coming from you and your food products, not your finishes. It is equivalent of being afraid that you might drown in a dried riverbed.