stains for spray guns
Hi, I am new to the forum:
1. I have a few tables to refinish. I am going to buy a HVLP spray gun. I read in another thread here that you should avoid oil based stains when spraying the stain. I thought oil based stains were better though.
2. I have also read elsewhere that a lot of woodworkers prefer to use a mixture of denatured alcohol with stain. Any thoughts on this and which kind of stain one needs to use with it.
3. I have looked at cabot's, minwax, and varathane stains. I have not heard real good reviews for these. Any suggestions on certain brands to use and where I might be able to get them.
4. I think I am going to use zinsser clear shellac as a sealer/wood conditioner. Any recommendations on a poly to spray on after stains.
5. The nozzle on the spray gun I am looking at has a 1.4mm nozzle. Will that be fine for refinishing.