How-to faux paint antique distressed furniture [video] - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
www.designedandmade.com

View Brian Grabski's Photo Album My Photos
How-to faux paint antique distressed furniture [video]

This is a 3.5 minute YouTube video I filmed and edited on the technique I use for painting furniture to look old. It rips through the process pretty fast, but I think it shows everything that it needs to.

Take a look and let me know what you think, any feedback is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-12-2012, 05:31 AM

View chemmy's Photo Album My Photos
Nicely produced video, Brian, would gladly let you do mine.

I dislike critiquing others ideas and artistic abilities, every one's taste and methods for achieving these types of finishes and others are in my opinion, up to the individual, critiquing is not necessary.

Everyone and anyone here who does distressed or faux finishing has developed there own methods and application parameters to what ever success they wanted to or abilities have allowed them to. Who can judge individual art or techniques. It's really a matter of what one likes and the amount of time one wants to put into any look wanted, right?

The only time that differs is if your in business doing so and you need to come up with ways to do such as you have done in a way that will be both profitable and and of course reasonably priced where people would pay you to do it.

In this case, that's not a concern. With me, it was at the heart of my work. I "had" to find ways that took less steps if i wanted work doing such. If i would give any advice it would be just that, find or change your methods so they can be done in less steps and time.

If you would like suggestions, i would be more than happy to give you input, unfortunately i don't do YouTube, but you can look at "my photos" if you like to get an idea of what i did as to faux work on a professional level, ok?

Last edited by chemmy; 04-12-2012 at 05:56 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
This thread is over a year old brought to life by a spammer (Paintedfurniture11). As for the video, it was informative and the presentation was in an interesting fashion. It didn't seem to get much response.

I also don't like criticizing the work of others or their methods employed, unless it's constructive. Whether a finish or procedure is "proper" or not, is really up to the craftsman doing the work, as there are different ways and materials that can be used.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM

View chemmy's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetman View Post
This thread is over a year old brought to life by a spammer (Paintedfurniture11). As for the video, it was informative and the presentation was in an interesting fashion. It didn't seem to get much response.

I also don't like criticizing the work of others or their methods employed, unless it's constructive. Whether a finish or procedure is "proper" or not, is really up to the craftsman doing the work, as there are different ways and materials that can be used.

Thanks c'man, wasn't looking at the date.

Tags
antique, distressed, faux paint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode