Where you get your turning supplies - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

View davidpensfan87's Photo Album My Photos
Where you get your turning supplies

Hi all, I was wanting to know where you get your pen making/turning supplies. I know all about Penn State Industries, rockler, craft supplies USA, woodturningz, and I live by a woodcraft. I'm looking for small stores and websites, not the big ones like I mentioned. Thanks.
David.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 PM
The New Guy

View Itchytoe's Photo Album My Photos
I recently got some supplies from www.timberbits.com and am happy with them. They took a while to ship my order, but I found out it's because some of the bushings he got weren't right, so he had to exchange them before he could ship me the right ones. It was completely not his fault and I like that he didn't just ship me the wrong ones to get the order out sooner.

Most of my other supplies have come from woodcraft, either online or in-store.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 PM
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE

View BassBlaster's Photo Album My Photos
What kind of supplies are we talking here? Pen parts? Just turning supplies in general?

Heres the best advice I can give you if you are buying pen kits from Woodcraft. STOP!!!!!

They get thier kits from Berea Hardwoods as do many other retailers. Go to Berea's website and buy them direct and save loads of money. Some of the kits are marked up as much as 100% at Woodcraft especially if you are buying higher end platings. Berea has flat rate shipping and always has my order to my door in 2 or 3 days.

As for other turning supplies, I search the web and then weigh prices plus shipping against local prices plus gas and see whats the best route to go.

RRBrown, knottscott and many others were banned, they didn't just leave. They were banned for standing up to the new owners that are destroying this site. Come join us all at woodworking chat, the best new woodworking site on the net!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 AM

View sawdustfactory's Photo Album My Photos
Craft Supply USA. Family run business, great customer service, fair prices, flat rate shipping that ships same day if your order is on before 3pm mountain time.

That bowl was perfect right up until that last cut...
post #5 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 12:54 PM

View Whaler's Photo Album My Photos
post #6 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 PM

View TomC's Photo Album My Photos
Packard wood works. They have always shipped on the day I ordered, and I have ordered as late as 3 to 4 pm. They are fairly close (Tryon, NC) and I get my order the next day.
Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode