Wanted wood turning,fluting,grooving machine - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 10-11-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

View niunio29's Photo Album My Photos
Wanted wood turning,fluting,grooving machine

Can anyone help me find manual machine that can make fluting,grooving on the balusters,newel posts.I saw it once and it is a very simple machine and old,I don't look for CNC.I need it very badly.I have some picture of it.what is the profesional name of the machine.
thanks,
Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3 of 4 Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Hickabilly

View mickit's Photo Album My Photos
At work we have a dedicated shaper with a sliding jig that we use for that. I'll try and take a few pics and post. Should work with a router table as the cove cutter is pretty small.
MIckey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 AM

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
I build my own out of wood and just use a router. I have a box that I use off the lathe. YOu put the turning in that but it has a very limited range for the router.
I also use a table that mounts on the lathe banjo. With this one I can route any shape that I can make a guide for the router. I have used it to route legs and also hollow vessels.
If you can find an old Sears Router Crafter on Ebay you can get those under $200. It's not a high quality machine but will let you do limited quantities.
If your doing this as a serious money maker then go with the Legacy mill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode