Two new lathes in two weeks. - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tony B

post #1 of 5 Old 04-28-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

View hawkeye10's Photo Album My Photos
Two new lathes in two weeks.

The week before last I bought a Laguna 12/16 from Woodcraft and I couldn't get the tool rest all the way down and when I plugged the unit in it sparked. I called Woodcraft and they said call Laguna which I did. They said for me to sand the one-inch metal post down. I was nice but I told them I didn't think I should have to sand the post down but they said I would have to myself. I called Woodcraft back and they said they would call Laguna. Well, they decided I should bring it back and get another one. Well, I did take it back but I bought a Jet 12/21. I really liked the Laguna but I didn't want to have to deal with Laguna again. As far as the Jet goes I like it also, so I am happy. The customer service at Woodcraft was outstanding. I was dealing with the Woodcraft store in Franklin Tennessee. Many thanks to them for helping me.

Don in Murfreesboro, TN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-28-2019, 02:30 PM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
It is amazing that a tool company such as Laguna would have so little respect for both the retail outlet and the customer.

ďEverything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.Ē
― Marcus Aurelius
FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
post #3 of 5 Old 04-28-2019, 03:08 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Perhaps they don't sand at Laguna because it causes cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-28-2019, 04:58 PM

View Tony B's Photo Album My Photos
Maybe woodcraft is getting themselves off the hook.
Around 12 years ago or so I bought a table store from a tool store in League City, Texas.
The fence was damaged and so I called up the tool store and they told me to call Delta.
I put the saw nack in my truck and drove back to the tool store. I wanted a refund. The sales person assured me I could call Delta and get the problem resolved quickly. I told him that I did not buy the saw from Delta, i bought it from him. If i wanted to screw around with Delta I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal on line. So, I'll take my refund please. The conversation suddenly shifted to "would I accept the fence from the floor model that has never been used?" and I said "certainly." Some things don't need to be put in words so I guess he will eventually figure out I will never be back.
So, if you are paying premiun dollars to buy a tool from Woodcraft, Woodcraft should accept responsibility and take care of it.
hawkeye10 likes this.

Tony B

Retired woodworker, amongst other things, Sold full time cruising boat and now full time cruising in RV. Currently in Denison, Tx
post #5 of 5 Old 04-29-2019, 11:02 AM

View evilboweivel's Photo Album My Photos
Good of Woodcraft to stand behind what they sold and do what was needed to make the customer right.
My experience was not so good with local Woodcraft after buying a ICS SawStop there. However they did get a new manager/owner so I did go back and I am a lot happier now.
Have always had a good experience dealing with Woodcraft corporate, both mail order and at the main store in Parkersburg.
Have had bad customer service in the past at stores and that is when I don't darken their door again.

Last edited by evilboweivel; 04-29-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode