Some Military Inlay Pens - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 12-19-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Pain in the A$$

View Burb's Photo Album My Photos
Some Military Inlay Pens

Well, I actually turned a few pens today. Actually five. First time I've used the lathe in 6-8 months. I was fun to turn again even though I reaffirmed my beginner status!!! Several months ago, I purchased several military inlay kits from Wood-n-Whimsies. I really like their stuff and their customer service is top notch. And since they are actually local to me, I have stopped in on many occasions and was provided great service and hands-on training. Tim's a great instructor. After watching their YouTube video today on turning inlays several times, I decided to give it a go.

I had actually been wanting to turn a pen for a buddy who I served with that retired as a E-7 First Sergeant this past year,. I've also been wanting to turn a pen for a good friend that's a Chief Master Sergeant and the current career field manager for my old AFSC (MOS). She's a great lady who I told back when we were SSgt's together that she'd be a Chief someday.

I figured since I wanted to turn these pens, I'd also turn one for my brother who retired from the USAF several years ago as well as my BIL who was a Marine (I don't hold it against him) during Desert Storm.

The 5th pen I made is for myself because I wanted it I thought it'd be nice to have a USAF pen on my desk at work, though I doubt I'll use it much.
Attached Images

Mark

"Measuring is the enemy of accuracy." Chris Schwartz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-19-2015, 09:36 PM

View Bill Boehme's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
Well, I actually turned a few pens today. Actually five. First time I've used the lathe in 6-8 months. I was fun to turn again even though I reaffirmed my beginner status!!! Several months ago, I purchased several military inlay kits from Wood-n-Whimsies.....
Very nice work. I think that you are well past beginner status. I'll need to check out Wood-n-Whimsies. I think that they may have been at SWAT this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
I figured since I wanted to turn these pens, I'd also turn one for my brother who retired from the USAF several years ago as well as my BIL who was a Marine (I don't hold it against him) during Desert Storm....
We're all entitled to at least one bad decision.

Bill Boehme
My Photo Gallery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode