Some Beginner's Work
I finally got my lathe and have turned 6 bowls on it. Two with assistance and the other 4 alone. I got aHarbor Freight by Central Machine for $151.99 after discounts. Here is the info. on it.
- Turn material up to 10" diameter and 18" long
- Five speeds: 750, 1100, 1600, 2200 and 3200 RPM
- Extremely sturdy cast iron construction to reduce vibration
- 1/2 HP, 110 volt motor
- Pull-out switch allows lock out to help prevent unwanted use
- Includes 3" faceplate and 7" tool rest
- Nonslip rubber feet
- 8" x 30" footprint
- Includes three hex wrenches, live center and spur center
Quill taper: MT-2
Here is a few pics. of the ones I have done. My edges haven't all been exact since I didn't get the face plate perfect when I but it on the bottom. And, I have cut into my screws a couple times. I was thinking about getting some type of chuck. I ordered one from Harbor Freight and it wouldn't fit. It weighted about 5 pounds but it was too small to screw on my lathed. I'm sure you all can give me lots of pointers. Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8