Rocker, Geek, Woodworker
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Responce to Woodsman
Just to let you know this is the 16 x 43 lathe that I was looking at. It is 2 HP which from what I can tell is one of the more powerful lathes out there.
Here are the stats...
* Digital tachometer
* Swivel Head
* Cast iron legs
* Includes: 6" faceplate, MT#2 spur center, MT#2 live center, tool rest w/ swivel arm base
* Motor: 2 HP, 110V, single-phase
* Swing over bed: 16"
* Distance between centers: 43"
* Heavy-duty, precision ground cast iron bed and cast iron legs ensure stability and minimal vibration
* 1" x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle
* Spindle tachometer with digital readout
* MT#2 spindle & tailstock tapers
* Spindle bore: 3/8"
* Standard tool rest extension
* 10 speeds: 600 - 2400 RPM
* Quick lock/release levers for tailstock & headstock
* 0°, 60°, 90°, 120° and 180° headstock rotation
* Overall dimensions: 76-1/2"L x 19"W x 48-3/4"H
* Approximate shipping weight: 294 lbs.
For 499 it seems pretty hard to beat!
If you know somone selling one of these for 100.00 let me know!
If anyone has used one I would really value your input.
Last edited by kingswarrior777; 02-21-2009 at 11:34 PM.