Rockler as a Supplier? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

View revjerry's Photo Album My Photos
Rockler as a Supplier?

Just ordered a new band saw blade on Amazon from Rockler. Paid my money and they promised delivery in three days; that was over a week ago.

Contacted Rockler and they say they shipped it and have no further responsibility. In other words, they have my money and I've got NOTHING.

The truth here is that the responsibility lies with the Post Office, but when was the last time you tried to even find someone there to talk with. And in this case, Three Day Priority Mail, if it's lost, IT'S LOST. They won't take responsibility either.

The bottom line is to demand Express Delivery, Two Day Guarantee. Then, when they loose it, you DO get your money back, at least for the postage.

The only good part in all this is that Amazon has a good track record of getting me a refund when what I ordered doesn't make it. Rockler does NOT have a great "Customer Service" record with me or with others I've talked to about them.

So, if you order, use care HOW you order. USPS won't be much help if your package disappears.

Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 10:01 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
you should have a tracking number

You can track the package USPS with a tracking number. Did you get one? It will show "delivered", and the date. I wouldn't pay for express shipping unless I was desperate for the item. You might join Prime if you order a lot from Amazon. I haven't done that, but I may. I haven't had any missing item issues with Amazon.

I'm curious why you went through Amazon, rather than deal with Rockler directly .... better price? In the Future you may want tp order bandsaw blades from Grizzly. They have Timberwolf if you search their site, which is a better quality than Olson in my opinion. Their shipping always great.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 10:31 AM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
Consider that your "package" may be caught in the excessive holiday mail, and may still arrive but later than expected. Always try to order direct from the supplier when possible rather than add another middle man to the mess! Be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Smart and Cool

View shoot summ's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
You can track the package USPS with a tracking number. Did you get one? It will show "delivered", and the date. I wouldn't pay for express shipping unless I was desperate for the item. You might join Prime if you order a lot from Amazon. I haven't done that, but I may. I haven't had any missing item issues with Amazon.

I'm curious why you went through Amazon, rather than deal with Rockler directly .... better price? In the Future you may want tp order bandsaw blades from Grizzly. They have Timberwolf if you search their site, which is a better quality than Olson in my opinion. Their shipping always great.
I did my last order from Rockler through EBAY, better price, and free shipping.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

View revjerry's Photo Album My Photos
I ordered through Amazon for Prime Protection. They will get into this and have a good track record at settling these kinds of issues. Otherwise, If you're willing to pay Rockler's prices, you can go direct just as easily.

I was after a Laguna Resaw blade. High land and Timber Wolf haven't done the job. Laguna promises they will. Should have gone straight to the manufacturer but found it on Amazon and, now I'm out with no one to complain to and no one who cares.

Christmas rush may indeed be involved with this. I DO have the tracking number and, all this week, it's shown the package "In Transit." Which means, what, exactly? It's someplace going somewhere. USPS says it expects to deliver on December the Eighth; that was THREE DAYS AGO, but that's what their track says. Now, who do I believe? Who do I complain to? And who is in a position to actually do something?

Loosing my temper, so I'll stop now and go make some sawdust. Thanks for listening.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 01:00 PM

View Bill Boehme's Photo Album My Photos
Maybe ease up on the caffeine ... you're working yourself into a lather over nothing ... after all, it's just a couple weeks before Christmas which is the peak of mail deliveries. I have done a lot of online shopping over the years and "In Transit" means exactly what it says ... somewhere between logging points. It is insured so there is no need to worry.

Bill Boehme
My Photo Gallery
post #7 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 01:24 PM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
If you need it now go to a brick and mortar store and pick it up, that is the only way you can be sure to have it when you need it.
If you are looking for a bargain buy it online but expect there may be delays and realize there is nothing the merchant can do about it, particularly at this time of year.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
http://woodworkerglossary.com
post #8 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 01:34 PM

View sanchez's Photo Album My Photos
If you were in a hurry, why didn't you just go to the store and get it right away?
post #9 of 9 Old 12-11-2015, 09:53 PM
HLW

View HLW's Photo Album My Photos
I've ordered from Rockler in the past many times with positive results. However, my most resent experience was not that good. I ordered ten LED shop lights @$50. each. They came quickly and then a few days afterwards I saw the same light at Sam's Club @$35. each. I noticed on their web site of a price match if it was found elsewhere at a cheaper price. I sent them an email of my oder number and the price Sam's were selling them for. I received a reply that said they would contact me back within 24hrs. They did not. I sent another email and the response was they could not match the price. So what I learned from this is,Rockler doesn't have price matching. What they do have is "lip service" that can't be matched by anyone else. Live and learn,I suppose?

Last edited by HLW; 12-11-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode