red box - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 03-24-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
red box

This is my latest screw lid box. It is box elder that has been bleached and painted and woodburned. It's about 5 1/2" tall and 2 1/2" wide.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Just call me Sir

View littlebuddha's Photo Album My Photos
Hi John you got me on this one, going to have to have some though on it, i like it and not sure about it, something bothers me and not sure what, the holes below the finial are they random or have you mist one or is it just the way the pic is, seams a gap. The box would have looked nice with a puzzle pattern burnt in, will get back when i work out whats bothering me, Oh what you doing painting over nice wood had to swear could not spell Philistine LB
post #3 of 5 Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM

View Marko's Photo Album My Photos
I think it's pretty cool and very interesting at the same time but I'm curious to see whats buggin' LB too. Very nice work John .even if you did paint it!!! Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-24-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
LB I agree, there is something that bothers me. I don't know exactly what it is. I tried to make the vertical lines random and then the cross pieces were supposed to be a sort or rectangle. Not really a puzzle design but just sort of a repetitive idea to the patterns.
The more I look at it the more it looks like Muscle tissue so I might lead the piece in this direction.
The form started out copying a sugar shaker at my mother house but I thought it would work better as a box with a finial.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Just call me Sir

View littlebuddha's Photo Album My Photos
John i like it but still something bothering me about it, it will come. I think it would have been nice with puzzle design on it, might do one myself, if it started life as a sugar shaker i supose your trying to pase it off as a sweet box, its a nice box but i would not say sweet hee hee.
Well i have spent half a day in the workshop and a mate had to go home as i could not let him in the wife had gone out and the silly woman locked the back door with the key in, good job i did not get caught short. women. Great start to my birthday. LB..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode