Pen Kit Ink Refill Types Beyond Cross and Parker? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bob Willing

post #1 of 4 Old 10-10-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

View Tool Agnostic's Photo Album My Photos
Pen Kit Ink Refill Types Beyond Cross and Parker?

Pen kits seem to come in either Cross or Parker refill formats. I wonder whether there are others?

I would like to find a pen kit that takes full size Fisher Space Pen refills. In lieu of that, has anybody made a pen that takes the full size Fisher Space Pen refills?

You can buy Fisher Space Pen refills in the Cross pen format, but they do not hold much ink. They would run out too often for my everyday use, and cost too much. Regular Fisher Space Pen refills hold ten times the amount of ink as their Cross pen equivalents.

Here are my questions:

Besides Cross and Parker, are you aware of pen kits that use other refill types? If so, what did you find and where did you find them?

Does anyone know if there are pen kits available that accept full size Fisher Space Pen refills?

If not, has anyone adapted a full size Fisher Space Pen refill for an existing kit?

Has anyone made a pen from scratch that accepts the full size refills? If so, how did you design and make it?

FYI:
I had no luck at Penn State Industries, Rockler, or Woodcraft. They say that their pen kits use only Cross or Parker style refills. I have not found anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-11-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

I found the answer to my own question:

Fisher Space Pen standard refills are called "PR" refill cartridges. The PR refill cartridges come with a white plastic adapter for Parker-style pens. According to Fisher, the Parker adapter does not work for all pens that take a Parker-style cartridge, but it should work for most of them.

It sounds like it is worth a try with a pen kit that uses Parker-style cartridges.

-> If anyone has had success using a Fisher Space Pen cartridge with the Parker adapter in a woodturning pen kit, I would like to hear about it.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-14-2018, 11:49 AM

View Bob Willing's Photo Album My Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-15-2018, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Willing View Post
Thanks. If you look carefully for the red text near the top of the page, it says, "ALL PR cartridge come with a plastic adapter which allows them to be used in Parker Style Pens!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode