I see you're from Mass, Duncuss.
Which store did you go to in your area?
My nearest decent store is Woodcraft in Portsmouth NH.
I have a Rockler in Portland but they're way overpriced.
I'm blessed/cursed (depending on point of view) with:
- Woodcraft in Woburn (about 20 mins)
- Rockler in Salem (NH) (about 30 mins and tax-free)
- Rockler in Cambridge (about 30 mins but with sales tax)
- Harbor Freight in Danvers (about 30 mins)
- Harbor Freight in Nashua (NH) (about 45 mins, perhaps technically in Amherst)
- Lowes in Woburn (about 20 mins)
- Home Depot in Reading (about 20 mins) and Tewksbury, Somerville, Danvers, Waltham, Salem (NH), Nashua (NH), etc.
I'm planning to head over to the HF in Danvers today to pick up some gear for buffing -- a natural-edge bowl I'm working on is begging for a deep lustrous wax finish