thanks! It was fun, actually. Didn't take too long either. I used a drill bit extension with a 2" sanding pad on the end, as a jamb chuck while using the tailstock to turn off the tenon. Worked really well, gonna have to make a real one with a cone on the shaft for even more support.
This piece was alright, but the other half of the burl, had some serious crap going on. I was taking some fine shavings as i was finish turning the top of the outside, and noticed what looked like a small head with antenna on my finger. Like small. Turned off the lathe and about 3 dozen black ants swarmed out. All of a sudden all the shavings in my shirt turned into ants (in my head), and I started the dance, haha Took a while to turn away the ants nest. Should have taken a pic. Centipedes and ants pouring out. yuck.