Help wanted (ci0 Easy finisher) - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
HLW

View HLW's Photo Album My Photos
Help wanted (ci0 Easy finisher)

Hi everyone,I'm still needing some feedback on the "ci0 easy finisher"before I take the plunge and buy one. I've only gotten one reply on the original post. If anyone has one and can give me some info on your experience with it, it would be a big help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 06:46 PM

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
Go to www.woodcentral.com and do a search for the C1 discussion. There have been a lot of happy customers. I'm still a cutting tool person verses a scraper person but since I've never used one I can't comment one way or the other on how well it works. Based on the responses I would say it works as advertised.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
HLW

Thanks John for the info. I too have been a cutting person but have been curious about the easy finisher. Like every other skill,one must work on technique. The "easy finisher" won't make better turners and new golf clubs won't make better golfers. Thanks again for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-28-2009, 10:44 PM

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
A friend just ordered some cutters for me. It seems like they are the same cutters used in the helix planer blades. I will make a tool as soon as I get them. I don't know when that will be but hopefully not too many days will go by. I'll give it a good test when I get it built and let you know what I think.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-28-2009, 10:52 PM

View Mitch Cholewinski's Photo Album My Photos
HLW
When Craig Jackson came out with his easy rougher I bought one along with several carbide cutters. I used the easy rougher and liked it, so I made one for myself and it worked as good as the one I bought. Now Craig came out with the CiO easy finisher and I wanted to try one out so I didn't buy one, but I did make one using his carbide cutter and this baby is a real winner in my eyes. I really love using this tool and you will too if you get or make one.At the same time I made a Hunter tool and for a while didn't know which one I liked the best, but now I know which one I like the best. They are both excellent tools so I won't say the one I prefer. The CiO is very easy to use and the finish is excellent. So again, I say, get or make one you will be glad you did. Mitch
post #6 of 9 Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 PM

View Mitch Cholewinski's Photo Album My Photos
HLW
I was just rereading your post and didn't realize I replied to your earlier post, so nothing new was added to your new post but the CiO is a heck of a tool to own. Mitch
post #7 of 9 Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
HLW

Ci0

Thanks guys for the info. I think I might take the challenge and order the cutting heads and make my own. What kind of metal did you use to place the cutter on? Was it hss,stainless, or just 1/2 inch stock?Thanks.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Just makin chips fly

View The woodsman's Photo Album My Photos
Help wanted (Ci0 Easy finisher)

I used 1/2 round stock,but they say the sq stock gives you better control.When I get the time I'm gonna make another handle with the sq stock.Gotta figure out what to do with the round stock handle as it is epoxied in the handle its self.

God Bless all
Ken Ward

Last edited by The woodsman; 06-29-2009 at 09:19 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 PM

View Woodwacker Jeff's Photo Album My Photos
Help wanted (ci0easy finisher)

John, thanks for the video link really helped me with working out a few kinks I was having with the Hunter tool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode