cupids ornament - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
cupids ornament

Here is an ornament I just turned. It is an inside-out turned maple ornament with a carved cherry heart inside. The heart is captured by 2 mahagony finials and has a yellow heart arrow captured in the heart that can move and rotate. This was fun to make. The arrow tip is carved and lightly textured with a woodburner and the feathers were burned also.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Just call me Sir

View littlebuddha's Photo Album My Photos
Nice John, not my sort of thing with the heart and arrow, would have maybe done the finial a bit finer but thats me but well turned.
Not done any inside out, same sort of thing in making parts for furniture or near as. I was toying with the idea of inside out some time back i was given one of those galileo thermometer and wanted to do something a little different with it, im still toying. You got much on for christmas...LB..
post #3 of 4 Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

View john lucas's Photo Album My Photos
LB I usually make the finials longer and somewhat thinner although this one is quite thin at the skinniest part. People always look at them and ask 'will that break" and I say yea it's a christmas ornament.
I don't know what I'm doing for Christmas yet. I'm getting further and further behind on all the projects that need to get done. so I might just spend a few days with the family and come back here to work in the shop for 4 or 5 days. I need personal work time. I'm headed to Atlanta Ga for Thanksgiving but coming back early so I can spend one day in the shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Just call me Sir

View littlebuddha's Photo Album My Photos
I have a friend out there john, he lives next door to me his son moved out there about 6yrs back works for bike company, and had a baby last feb, he might be back next yr, having to look after his place for him while he visits his son and familiy. Okay for some. Break yer, i had some breakage yesterday, made a wirley wig windmill for the top of the workshop for fun, also had the n.e.s.w. letters under the blades, a little to near, found them on the floor next day, the wife had to go indoors and hide herself laughing. must be my age. LB..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode