I made a couple of those redneck wine glasses for my wife's 2nd hand store the easy way, with a dollar store candle holder and some E6000 glue and mason jar.
Well, I got bored with that, so I did a few practice pieces.
First one is maple, finished with boiled linseed oil. It's a bit splotchy, I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong.
Second one is plum that I saved from a bonfire. This was the experimental piece. First, I experimented with a captured ring. It went well ( actually, the first practice piece I tried this one was some sort of crappy would that tore out when I looked at it too hard).
Then, since it was really green, I experimented with the microwave drying trick. It worked alright. Jury is still out on it, but I hope it's done cracking.
And since it worked just alright, I got to practice inlaying.