AWFS. A gloat of the first order! - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

View Nancy Laird's Photo Album My Photos
Talking AWFS. A gloat of the first order!

As some of you might know, LOML and I will be in Las Vegas for the AWFS show in the Woodworker's Supply booth (#10168). I've held off on posting this until now because it was still up in the air until a few days ago, BUT....

I have been tapped to do the demonstration of the midi-lathe at the show!! I'll be in the booth, turning pens and maybe even a small cherry bowl and possibly one other item (I'm taking a piece of maple with me too).

I've been turning only since late last summer, but apparently someone decided that my skills are sufficient that I can demonstrate. I'm honored, but I'm also terrified, because there will be attendees from all over the world and I'll be standing there shaking in my boots while wielding a turning tool. Wish me luck!!!!

Nancy

Nancy and Dave Laird
D&N Specialties
Rio Rancho, NM
David works in the Pro Sales Divison at Woodworker's Supply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 PM

View Daren's Photo Album My Photos
Good luck...and wear a turtle neck. You don't want to distract them all from the demo by digging lathe chips out of you know where .
post #3 of 4 Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 AM

View Daren's Photo Album My Photos
I see you changed your avatar after I posted, you have the full turning getup. I reckon you have had your shirt pockets filled up enough times you didn't need my first piece of advice .
I remember years ago I learned a lesson about turning shavings, shirt pockets and washing machines. Make sure to get all the walnut out of my pockets before I put my shirt in the washer with my wifes clothes. She did not like the polka dot die job I did on her stuff .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

View Nancy Laird's Photo Album My Photos
Yep, Daren, I changed my avatar last night. I figured that if I'm going to be known as a turner, I might as well look like one. When I'm home, I take the air hose to myself before I leave the shop--usually gets rid of all the dust and shavings that might get into the house.

Nancy and Dave Laird
D&N Specialties
Rio Rancho, NM
David works in the Pro Sales Divison at Woodworker's Supply.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode