Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Well, I gave it a shot.
I used 2 batches of 10 each. Both weighed within a few grams of each other. On 1 batch I used a vacuum chamber to pull alcohol into the blanks in hopes of displacing water. I gave them a couple of days to air dry and then put both batches into a toaster oven at 200 degrees to finish drying. After just under 8 hours both had stopped losing moisture weight and both were with a few grams of each other. The alcohol soaked blanks did not loose any more weight than the kiln dried ones.
Looks like this is wasted effort.
"The LORD inhabits the praises of HIS people."
r.i.p. Marco Simoncelli - 10-23-2011