adding logos to pens - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

View Danno6102's Photo Album My Photos
adding logos to pens

A friend of mine wants a...ugh...Chicago Bears colored pen. Being from Colts country, this is hard for me to do, but I will struggle through it anyway. I thought about trying to get the infamous Bears "C" logo on the pen body or cap. Was wondering if anyone has done anything like this & what your methods were to seal it in & make sure the surface was still smooth without any ridges from the logo.

My thoughts were find a plane ole sticker or get a vinyl graphic made & a bunch of CA over the top. I'm not a huge fan of the laser etching, but I guess it'd be a last option.

I know someone here did a cigar wrapper once.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, experiences, & ideas.
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Over the hills n far away

View Ledhead's Photo Album My Photos
Ive got a similar request from a buddy that is an executive at a company, but using a company logo on pens. I was thinking of printing the logo on transparency paper (or a decal type paper), then use CA to adhere it to the pen barrel, then build up CA on top of that. I'm wondering how it will turn out. Would love to hear other ideas.
With the sports franchise, you might have a trademark problem. In my case, the guy is getting written permission from the company. He wants up to hundreds to hand out to clients / employees.

Dale
Wentzville, MO
post #3 of 3 Old 10-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Fighting the fight.....

View PTownSubbie's Photo Album My Photos
Yep, it can be done. You need some clear decal paper. If you have a hobby store near you, they will probably carry a Testors product that is a water slide decal product. With this water slide decal, you can print any decal you desire with inkjet or laser printer you own.

Once printed, you wet it and transfer the decal to the pen. Allow the decal to dry completely and then the best way to seal it is the use of a CA finish. If you are not familiar with a CA finish, you can find all kinds of videos on YouTube. Don't use BLO but strait CA. When applied correctly, you can't feel or see the edges of the decal.

Hope that all made sense. It is tricky the first few times but can be done fairly easily. If you need either a decal or other help, let me know. We might be able to work something out.....I grew up a Bears fan when I was younger....

Fred

www.luv2turn.com

Foot: A special device for finding furniture in the dark.
The Following User Says Thank You to PTownSubbie For This Useful Post:
Ledhead (10-22-2010)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode