9/11 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 09-10-2011, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Yea i got wood

View robert421960's Photo Album My Photos
9/11

2 days without any post in here.is everyone thinking about tomm? I hope so
i post this here cause this is where i always look at things and it just hit me i need to say
NEVER FORGET
The Following User Says Thank You to robert421960 For This Useful Post:
rrbrown (09-11-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-10-2011, 09:46 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Bob,
I think about 9/11 all year round. As a retired firefighter, I couldn't forget if I wanted to. I feel bad for all those people that died there, and even worse the way things have been handled there since. NFW it should have taken this long to build a memorial. They should have built the twin towers back again, bigger and better with a huge hand on top of each with the middle finger pointing towards the middle east. Too many liberals thinking politically correct is the way to go. Just turning our country into a bunch of candy asses.
Mike Hawkins
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firehawkmph For This Useful Post:
dmh (09-12-2011), rrbrown (09-11-2011)
post #3 of 15 Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 PM

View apprentice's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkmph View Post
Bob,
I think about 9/11 all year round. As a retired firefighter, I couldn't forget if I wanted to. I feel bad for all those people that died there, and even worse the way things have been handled there since. NFW it should have taken this long to build a memorial. They should have built the twin towers back again, bigger and better with a huge hand on top of each with the middle finger pointing towards the middle east. Too many liberals thinking politically correct is the way to go. Just turning our country into a bunch of candy asses.
Mike Hawkins
Speaking as a former NYC resident and volly fireman i couldn't agree with you more, sir, but one thing i would like to add is that i think the PC libs are the reason the memorial and towers have been so long in the remaking. Also i think that giving them, the PC libs, the victory in "turning our country into a bunch of candy asses" is not a fact but instead a viewpoint. It is both my belief and hope that the REAL Americans will wake up soon and preserve and protect the freedoms that so many of us take for granted.

Last edited by apprentice; 09-10-2011 at 11:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to apprentice For This Useful Post:
rrbrown (09-11-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 AM

View NCPaladin's Photo Album My Photos
Robert,
Thanks for posting this.
For the others

…and in 1931 the Empire State Building was build in just a little over a year…..1931

http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFkZiwMLZ4

Mike

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
post #5 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 AM
In History is the Future

View firemedic's Photo Album My Photos
I agree with Bob, it's a shame people only remember on the anniversary...

We have a special relationship with FDNY and 911. We sent them FF's and a new truck... They did the same for us after Katrina.

We proudly have a chunk of steel beam from one of the towers and an axe from one of the ladder Co's buried under the rubble and a memorial of the FF's who stationed to that ladder.

The picture is the lawn in front of our station this morn, 343 flags...

Educate your children on what happened today, ten yrs ago. More kids should learn history from thier elders rather than from PC mass media and public schools.

~tom ...it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...
Attached Images

post #6 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 AM
In History is the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic
I agree with Bob, it's a shame people only remember on the anniversary...

We have a special relationship with FDNY and 911. We sent them FF's and a new truck... They did the same for us after Katrina.

We proudly have a chunk of steel beam from one of the towers and an axe from one of the ladder Co's buried under the rubble and a memorial of the FF's who stationed to that ladder.

The picture is the lawn in front of our station this morn, 343 flags...

Educate your children on what happened today, ten yrs ago. More kids should learn history from thier elders rather than from PC mass media and public schools.

~tom ...it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...
I meant I agree with Mike...

post #7 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 AM

View don716's Photo Album My Photos
Always keeping them in our thoughts....
post #8 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Yea i got wood

View robert421960's Photo Album My Photos
my dad is retired airforce and my son is a new marine.i also think every day about all that has gone on the last 10 yrs
God bless America
post #9 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 09:27 AM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
I agree with you guys, I would have loved to see the towers rebuilt bigger and better.

Tom, I'm going to have to come visit your station one day. I know allot of the departments in the area and I thought Ferrera Fire Apparatus them selves gave Trucks and Equipment but I didn't realize you guys had that stuff.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 10:09 AM
sawdust manufacturer

View txpaulie's Photo Album My Photos
It seems that this anniversary is
mostly for the "main-stream" media...

I remember EVERY day, and think footage of the actual event should be required viewing in every highschool, annually.

...along with a question-and-answer period to follow, and NOT moderated by the PC crowd.

Just my opinion.

Now, I think I'll go outside and work on my marksmanship.

p

...ever notice how "I'm sorry" and "I apologize" mean the same thing, unless you are at a funeral..?

Last edited by txpaulie; 09-11-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: speling
post #11 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 10:11 AM
In History is the Future

Spirit of Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbrown View Post
I agree with you guys, I would have loved to see the towers rebuilt bigger and better.

Tom, I'm going to have to come visit your station one day. I know allot of the departments in the area and I thought Ferrera Fire Apparatus them selves gave Trucks and Equipment but I didn't realize you guys had that stuff.
Rich, I should clarify. The State of Louisiana sent the Spirit Of Louisiana Fire Engine to FDNY and several Depts and Ferrera spear headed it. We ended up in the middle of it all and some of our guys drove the Engine up and others flew/drove up to help staff the empty fire houses and apparatus.

FDNY returned the favor after Katrina, sending the same Engine as well as man power down to us. Our newest station, St 10 was built after 9.11 and before Katrina. It was dedicated to the 343.

For a little more on the Spirit of Louisiana Engine: http://www.wbrz.com/videos/spirit-of-louisiana/
post #12 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 AM

View JMC'sLT30's Photo Album My Photos
I don't know about the rest of you who I consider my freinds, but I find it very hard to watch anything pertaining to 9/11. I have seen the movie "Reigning over me" totally by accident because I didn't know it was a 9/11 movie and it ripped my heart out. Every time I hear Alan Jackson sing his song "Where were you when the world stopped turning" sometimes I have to just stop what I'm doing. When I heard what was happening that day I had to shut my job down and go be with my kids. It seemed like the longest 30 miles I have ever driven. Today I tried to sit and watch TV thinking I can face this, guess what the first thing I turned on was "Reigning over me", I couldn't continue. Am I crazy or what????

"IF IT'S TOO TOUGH FOR THEM, IT'S JUST RIGHT FOR ME"
post #13 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 AM
sawdust manufacturer

View txpaulie's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
I find it very hard to watch anything pertaining to 9/11.
As do I...

I remember all the American flags on the "soccer-mom" cars, following that day...

Didn't last long.

Maybe we should see things we don't want to see.

p

...ever notice how "I'm sorry" and "I apologize" mean the same thing, unless you are at a funeral..?
post #14 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
In History is the Future

Some pictures from Art Hill in St Louis sent from my in-laws... Quite impressive! A flag for each victim each with a name on it...

Attached Images

post #15 of 15 Old 09-11-2011, 10:46 PM

View m80zimm's Photo Album My Photos
September 11th 2001 is a day that changed my life for ever. I was in the Army then. Three deployments and a lot of blood sweat and tears will change a guy good or bad. I agree with the above posts. Seems like every one wants to forget what happened. All the Brave men and women who willing gave there lives to help save lives. Just cant ever let that be forgotten. Cant let it be PC'ed to death like Pearl Harbor was.
Tom thank you and your fellow fire fighters for keeping the memory alive. your pics brought tears to my eyes. It seems like no one out side the military and fire fighters ( know that's not the case) has such a connection to what happened and the lives that were lost. I truly think you guys are one of a kind. Thank you guys for what you do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode