When attaching a breadboard end with elongated pins. Is there a rule about placement - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve Neul

post #1 of 3 Old 02-29-2016, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

View bauerbach's Photo Album My Photos
When attaching a breadboard end with elongated pins. Is there a rule about placement

42" top, 6" wide boards, 7 boards in total.

Should I be striving to put 1 pin per table board?

should there certainly be a pin placed in the outer board?

I started my plan with 5 pins equally spaced 7" apart, 7" from the edge, 6" boards... The outermost pin would sit 1" inside the 2nd board.

I can rectify that easy enough, but that got me to thinking, if the top is 7 boards wide, should I simply have 7 pins placed every 6"?

I'm not sure if the symmetry is flattering, In my incredibly un-artistic mind, the offset of the 5 pins is more attractive. But I certainly will do it if its more stable, or maybe I can do a blind pin from below on the outer edge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-01-2016, 06:47 AM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
The spacing doesn't really matter. The more pins the better however 6" or 7" would be fine. The pins just keep the groove from spreading apart making the tongue loose. When I do one I only have the pins showing from the underside so there is nothing aesthetic about it anyway.
FrankC likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Neul For This Useful Post:
bauerbach (03-01-2016)
post #3 of 3 Old 03-01-2016, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

View bauerbach's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Neul View Post
The spacing doesn't really matter. The more pins the better however 6" or 7" would be fine. The pins just keep the groove from spreading apart making the tongue loose. When I do one I only have the pins showing from the underside so there is nothing aesthetic about it anyway.
appreciate the info. Im not 100% on the aesthetics of showing them or not, if I opt not to, then Id surely do 7 pins.

Decisions decisions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode