correcting a table top glue up mistake
I have been working on a new dining room table for my family off and on for a few months. Nothing fancy, it is a 60+" square table to seat 8 people. It is made with primarily with cherry with Peruvian walnut picture framing the top.
Well because of clamps and a bit of indecisiveness I decided to glue The table in two panels. After gluing 2 panels together I realized I needed about 4 more inches so that my table would be at least 60". So I planed and jointed a 4" board to glue in between the two panels while adding the outside walnut. I set up my clamps and spread glue then clamped. What I didn't realize was that the panels had bowed a little and did not glue the last 9-12" on each end. So it is glued ~5 feet in the middle and no glue as you reach the end. Obviously this won't do.
What would you suggest to fix the problem. My gut reaction is to cut the top on each side of the problem board then reglue after dry fitting this time. But I wanted to know if there are other options.
I'll try and send pictures when I get home to help with explanation.