ANNOUNCEMENT: New Vendor Section - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 02-04-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
ANNOUNCEMENT: New Vendor Section

We will soon have a vendor section (subforum) in the community for paid commercial sponsors to be able to announce their current promotions and maybe even answer some of our questions about their product or service.

These commercial users will be restricted to that forum in the community and will have a vendor label (badge) under their name.

As with all forums within our community, we are expected to express ourselves in a respectful manner. We will not tolerate threads being started for the sole purpose of bashing a vendor, manufacturer, or service provider. We understand that not all products will be received the same way by all people but that does not give us the right to be rude or confrontational in these forums.

I would love to get some input from you about vendors, manufacturers, and service providers you would like to see have a presence here. We, as a community will benefit from these commercial users, as as they will be open and willing to receive feedback about their products and services from us.​

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

​For clarification, within the community, the rules will remain exactly as they are for everyone (no advertising) regardless of their membership status.

Our paid commercial vendors would be restricted to discussing their promotions within the vendor forum only.

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Ole Woodworker

View BigJim's Photo Album My Photos
Cricket, speaking of advertising, there are several of the fellows here who have a link in their signature that links to some of their stuff, some even sell some of their plans which don't amount to much of nothing. Example, one sells plans for his router raiser, he has sold a grand total of maybe 5 or 6 over a good while, is this allowed.

I know Ted and his garbage isn't allowed.

http://www.diychatroom.com/
The Other
BigJim

If you do what you've always done, you will get what you've always got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Within reason, I have no issue with member signatures including a link to their site. One exception might be if they owned a woodworking forum. LOLOL

The Following User Says Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
BigJim (02-11-2015)
post #5 of 5 Old 08-27-2015, 04:35 PM

View k9scooter's Photo Album My Photos
Hartford tool would be a good one as would sommerfelds... Maybe Lee Valley/ Veritas?
The Following User Says Thank You to k9scooter For This Useful Post:
Cricket (08-28-2015)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode